Evaluation of Local Government Innovation Program in Lampung Province
The problem of public services capacity, such as budget, infrastructure, and social capital in regions, is a threat to the social conditions of the community if serious efforts are not anticipated by the local government. Therefore, it needs an alternative model as an option to address the problem of capacity. This study seeks to illustrate the efforts of new autonomous local governments in building public service capacity in new autonomous regions to identify the dynamics of sustainable public service capacity building in new autonomous regions and to design a model of the sustainable public service capacity building to strengthen the autonomous region. This model tries to achieve an intergenerational aspect of development. The research method used in this study is a qualitative approach that combines secondary data and primary data. Data were collected from three local governments with best practices in public service capacity management. The data were analyzed using an interactive model. The research showed that when the program capacity is well designed, it will produce good program sustainability capabilities as well, otherwise if the program capacity faces many obstacles and it will produce poor sustainability capabilities. The strengthening of innovative programs in the public service sector needs to adopt the role model of public sector innovation initiative. The model emphasizes the importance of identifying the role of innovation that is designed in a program to the real problems faced so that later public confidence about the urgency of innovation can be achieved.
Aminah, S., & Wardani, D. K. (2018). Readiness Analysis of Regional Innovation Implementation. Jurnal Bina Praja, 10(1), 13–26. http://doi.org/10.21787/jbp.10.2018.13-26
Bappenas. (2007). Studi Evaluasi Pemekaran Daerah: Membangun dan Menciptakan kembali Proyek Tata Pemerintahan Terdesentralisasi. Jakarta.
Bommert, B. (2010). Collaborative Innovation in the Public Sector. International Public Management Review, 11(1), 15–33.
Borins, S. (2001). Public Management Innovation. The American Review of Public Administration, 31(1), 5–21. http://doi.org/10.1177/02750740122064802
Bourgeois, I., & Cousins, J. B. (2013). Understanding Dimensions of Organizational Evaluation Capacity. American Journal of Evaluation, 34(3), 299–319. http://doi.org/10.1177/1098214013477235
Bourgeois, I., Whynot, J., & Thériault, É. (2015). Application of an organizational evaluation capacity self-assessment instrument to different organizations: Similarities and lessons learned. Evaluation and Program Planning, 50, 47–55. http://doi.org/10.1016/J.EVALPROGPLAN.2015.01.004
Brandon, P. R., & Fukunaga, L. L. (2014). The State of the Empirical Research Literature on Stakeholder Involvement in Program Evaluation. American Journal of Evaluation, 35(1), 26–44. http://doi.org/10.1177/1098214013503699
Brata, A. (2008). Creating New Regions, Improving Regional Welfare Equality? Creating New Regions, Improving Regional Welfare Equality? In The Indonesian Regional Science Association Ninth International Conference: ”The Current and Future Issues of Regional Development, Energy and Climate Change. (pp. 1–11). Palembang: IRSA.
Hartiningsih, H. (2016). The Local Initiator Role in the Adoption of Biogas Energy Innovation for Household Needs in Rural Areas. Jurnal Bina Praja, 8(2), 293–304. http://doi.org/10.21787/jbp.08.2016.293-304
Hartley, J. (2005). Innovation in Governance and Public Services: Past and Present. Public Money and Management, 25(1), 27–34. http://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-9302.2005.00447.x
Houser, C., Trimble, S., Brander, R., Brewster, B. C., Dusek, G., Jones, D., & Kuhn, J. (2017). Public perceptions of a rip current hazard education program: “Break the Grip of the Rip!” Natural Hazards and Earth System Sciences, 17(7), 1003–1024. http://doi.org/10.5194/nhess-17-1003-2017
Hutagalung, S. S. (2010). Kapasitas pelayanan publik pada daerah otonomi baru :: Studi terhadap kapasitas penyampaian pelayanan kesehatan pada kecamatan di wilayah pesawaran Lampung tahun 2005-2009. Universitas Gadjah Mada. Retrieved from https://repository.ugm.ac.id/86680/
Hutagalung, S. S. (2012). Penyampaian Pelayanan Publik (Public Service Delivery) pada Daerah Otonom Baru. PUBLICA, 2(1), 34–42. Retrieved from http://jurnal.ubl.ac.id/index.php/publica/article/view/402
Kurniawan, R. C. (2016). Inovasi kualitas pelayanan publik pemerintah daerah. Fiat Yusticia, 10(3), 569–586.
Miles, M. B., & Huberman, A. M. (1992). Analisis Data Kualitatif. Jakarta: UI Press.
Moore, M. H. (1995). Creating Public Value: Strategic Management in Government. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.
Moore, M., & Hartley, J. (2008). Innovations in governance. Public Management Review, 10(1), 3–20. http://doi.org/10.1080/14719030701763161
Mukhlis, M. (2016). Menakar Peluang Munculnya Inovasi Daerah Pasca Undang-undang 23 Tahun 2014 (Studi pada Hasil Diklatpim IV Kabupaten Pringsewu Provinsi Lampung). CosmoGov, 2(1), 1–22. http://doi.org/10.24198/cosmogov.v2i1.11848
Mulgan, G., & Albury, D. (2003, October). Innovation in the public sector. London, UK.
Ombudsman Indonesia. (2014). Summary for Policymakers. In Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (Ed.), Climate Change 2013 - The Physical Science Basis (pp. 1–30). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. http://doi.org/10.1017/CBO9781107415324.004
Panacek, E. A., & Thompson, C. B. (2007). Sampling methods: selecting your subjects. Air Medical Journal, 26(2), 75–8. http://doi.org/10.1016/j.amj.2007.01.001
Posavac, E. J. (2015). Program evaluation: Methods and case studies. Routledge.
Sitompul, R. F., & Sumule, O. (2016). The Modelling of Strengthening Indicators Development in Regional Innovation System and Its Effect on the Gross Domestic Product. Jurnal Bina Praja, 8(2), 317–329. http://doi.org/10.21787/jbp.08.2016.317-329
Stiawan, A. (2017, June). Pelaksanaan Program Layanan Rumah Sakit Keliling Guna Meningkatkan Mutu Pelayanan Kesehatan di Daerah Otonomi Baru (DOB) Provinsi Lampung (Studi Pada Dinas Kesehatan Provinsi Lampung). Brawijaya University.
Sugiyono. (2000). Metode Penelitian. Bandung: CV. Alfabeta.
Syamsudin, H. (2005). Desentralisasi dan otonomi daerah: desentralisasi dan demokratisasi. Jakarta: LIPI Press.
Wahyudi, A. (2016). Value-added in Public Service Innovation: The Practice at Integrated Service Units in Pontianak Municipality and Tanah Bumbu District. Jurnal Bina Praja, 08(01), 49–58. http://doi.org/10.21787/JBP.08.2016.49-58
Walker, R. M., Damanpour, F., & Devece, C. A. (2011). Management Innovation and Organizational Performance: The Mediating Effect of Performance Management. Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory, 21(2), 367–386. http://doi.org/10.1093/jopart/muq043
Wirawan. (2012). Evaluasi Kinerja Sumber Daya Manusia, Teori, Aplikasi, dan Penelitian. Jakarta: Salemba Empat.
Wismono, F. H., Ramdhani, L. E., & A., R. (2015). Penataan Kelembagaan pada Daerah Otonom Baru (DOB) (Studi Kasus di Provinsi Kalimantan Utara). Jurnal Borneo Administrator, 11(3), 362–381. http://doi.org/10.24258/jba.v11i3.207
Yousef, D. A. (2017). Organizational Commitment, Job Satisfaction and Attitudes toward Organizational Change: A Study in the Local Government. International Journal of Public Administration, 40(1), 77–88. http://doi.org/10.1080/01900692.2015.1072217
Zenker, S. (2009). Who’s your target? The creative class as a target group for place branding. Journal of Place Management and Development, 2(1), 23–32.
Copyright (c) 2018 Jurnal Bina Praja: Journal of Home Affairs Governance
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- The author submits the manuscript to the Jurnal Bina Praja: Journal of Home Affairs Governance and certifies that the work has not been published before and does not contain publication material that would violate any copyright or personal or proprietary right of any person or entity.
- The author hereby grants to Research and Development Agency-Ministry of Home Affairs (R&D-MoHA) of the Republic of Indonesia, an exclusive publishing and distribution license in the manuscript identified above and any tables, illustrations or other material submitted for publication as part of the manuscript in print, electronic and all other media, in any form, in all languages, throughout the world, for the full term of copyright, and the right to license others to do the same, effective when the Article is accepted for publication. This license includes the right to enforce the rights granted hereunder against third parties.
- As an author, you may do the following:
- make copies (print or electronic) of the article for personal use, including for classroom teaching use;
- make copies and distribute such copies (including through e-mail) of the article to research colleagues, for personal use by such colleagues (but not commercially or systematically, e.g. via an e-mail list or list server);
- present the article at a meeting or conference and to distribute copies of the article to the delegates attending such meeting;
- retain patent and trademark rights and rights to any process, procedure, or article of manufacture described in the article;
- include the article in full or in part in a thesis or dissertation (provided that this is not to be published commercially);
- use the article or any part thereof in a printed compilation of your works, such as collected writings or lecture notes (subsequent to publication of the article in the journal); and prepare other derivative works, to extend the article into book-length form, or to otherwise re-use portions or excerpts in other works, with full acknowledgement of its original publication in the journal;
- may reproduce or authorize others to reproduce the article, material extracted from the article, or derivative works for the author’s personal use or for company use, provided that the source and the copyright notice are indicated, the copies are not used in any way that implies R&D-MoHA endorsement of a product or service of any employer, and the copies themselves are not offered for sale.
Every accepted manuscript should be accompanied by Copyright Transfer Agreement prior to the article publication.