- Aim and Scope
- Peer Review Process
- Publication Frequency
- Open Access Statement
- Article Processing Charges
- Plagiarism Check
- References Management
Aim and Scope
Jurnal Bina Praja (JBP) is an open access journal which publishes significant, cutting-edge, and multidisciplinary research drawn from all areas of Governance.
Its central aim is thereby to enhance the broad scholarly understanding of the range of contemporary political and governing processes, and impact upon of states, political entities, international organizations, communities, societies and individuals, at international, regional, national, local, and village levels.
Peer Review Process
JBP uses an online submission and review system. The submission and peer review of every article must be managed using this system and based on following Peer Review Policy.
- JBP Editorial Board is responsible for selection of papers and selection of reviewers.
- Articles must typically be reviewed by at least two independent reviewers.
- Reviewers are unaware of the identity of the authors, and authors are also unaware of the identity of reviewers (double blind review)
- Reviewing process will consider novelty, objectivity, method, scientific impact, conclusion, and references.
- Editor will send the final decision regarding the submission to the corresponding author based on reviewer’s recommendation.
- JBP Editorial Board shall protect the confidentiality of all material submitted to the journal and all communications with reviewers.
The frequency of JBP issuance originally published 4 issues in one volume in March, June, September, and December. Each issue publishes 7 articles. Until 2016, after a management change, the publishing frequency becomes 2 issues in one volume (published in May and November) with 14 articles each issue and fully English. However, starting from volume 11, JBP will publish 10 articles in each number and the frequency of issuance remains twice a year in May and November.
Starting from volume 13, JBP will publish 15 articles in each number in April, August, and December.
Open Access Statement
JBP is an open access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author.
Article Processing Charges
JBP supported and fully funded by Research and Development Agency of the Ministry of Home Affairs of the Republic of Indonesia.
Every article submitted to JBP will not have any 'Article Processing Charges'. This includes submitting, peer-reviewing, editing, publishing, maintaining and archiving, and allows immediate access to the full text versions of the articles.
The editors will run plagiarism check using Turnitin for the submitted manuscripts before sending it to reviewers. We do not process any plagiarised contents. If a manuscript has over 20% of plagiarism, we will send back the manuscript to the author to be revised for the plagiarised contents.
Every article submitted to JBP shall use reference management software, Mendeley.
More about Mendeley, please visit: https://www.mendeley.com/