E-voting in the Village Head Election in Batanghari and Kabupaten Bogor Regencies
The manual Village Head Elections (Pilkades) by using a ballot has weaknesses that then gives rise to various problems, among them that some of the voters cast the wrong way, slow counting process, as well as abuse of the voting invitation that should be given to the legitimate prospective voters, the government is required to find the right solution to minimize some of these problems, one of which is the application of e-voting technology (electronic voting). Therefore, this study will discuss the effectiveness of e-voting in Pilkades at Batanghari and Bogor regencies, the urgency of e-voting implementation on Pilkades; as well as the urgency of the policy requiring the use of e-voting on Pilkades. The method being utilized in this study used descriptive narrative method with a qualitative approach. While the data collection techniques are using interviews and documentation. The result of the research shows that the use of e-voting can facilitate voters, faster, more efficient, transparent and accurate at the time of voting and counting, also dependable in Pilkades disputes process. Therefore, a policy that provides an opportunity for the use of e-voting method in the village head elections is required, so that the implementation of e-voting in all village head elections can be performed more effectively. E-voting is also very important amid the rapidly growing use of technology.
Ahmad, T., Azizah, A. H., & Studiawan, H. (2013). Fingerprint-Based Authentication and Cryptography in An E-Voting System. Jurnal Manajemen Informatika, 2(2), 7–11.
Angraini, A. (2015). Penerapan E-Government Ditingkat Kabupaten (Case Study Kabupaten Pelalawan Riau). Jurnal Sistem Informasi, 7(2), 815–825.
Anistiawati, M. L. (2012). Implementasi Kebijakan Penerapan Elektronik Voting Dalam Pemilihan Kepala Desa. Citizen Charter, 1(2).
Choi, S. O., & Kim, B. C. (2012). Voter Intention to Use E-Voting Technologies: Security, Technology Acceptance, Election Type, and Political Ideology. Journal of Information Technology & Politics, 9(4), 433–452. http://doi.org/10.1080/19331681.2012.710042
Dewi, N. S. (2016). Efektivitas Sistem Electronic Voting dalam Pemilihan Kepala Desa di Desa Pa’jukukang Kecamatan Pa’jukukang Kabupaten Bantaeng. Unversitas Hasanuddin.
Drehem, I. M., Djanali, S., & Pratomo, B. A. (2016). Implementasi Kontrol Integritas E-Kiosk untuk Pengamanan Sistem Pemungutan Suara secara Elektronik (E - Voting). Jurnal Teknik ITS, 5(1), 13–18. http://doi.org/10.12962/j23373539.v5i1.14250
Grahitandaru, A. (2015). Menuju Pemilu Elektronik Indonesia. Jakarta: BPP Kemendagri.
Gritzalis, D. (2002). Secure Secure Electronic Electronic Voting Voting. Syros: Dept. of Informatics Informatics Athens University of Economics & Business.
Hardjaloka, L., & Simarmata, V. M. (2011). E-Voting:Kebutuhan Vs Kesiapan (Menyongsong) E-Demokrasi. None, 8(4), 579–604.
Isiaq, A. A., Ambali, A., & Olayinka, I. A. (2018). Election , Technology and Voter Turnout in Nigeria ’ s Fourth Republic : A Study of 2015 Kwara Gubernatorial Election Isiaq , Atanda Abdulwaheed Ambali , Abdulrauf Olayinka , Isiaka Akeem. Journal of Management and Social Sciences, 7(1), 327–344.
Kompas. (2018). 14 Desa Pelopori E-voting di Jawa Timur. Kompas, p. 11. Jakarta.
Law Number 6 of 2014 on Villages, Pub. L. No. 6 (2014). Indonesia.
Minister of Home Affairs Regulation Number 112 of 2014 on Election of Village Heads, Pub. L. No. 112 (2014). Indonesia.
Moynihan, D. P. (2004a). Building Secure Elections: E-Voting, Security, and Systems Theory. Public Administration Review, 64(5), 515–528.
Moynihan, D. P. (2004b). Election: Building secure e-voting, security, and Systems Theory. Public Administration Review, 64(5), 515–528. http://doi.org/10.1111/j.1540-6210.2004.00400.x
Priyono, E., & Dihan, F. N. (2010). E-Voting: Urgensi Transparansi & Akuntabilitas. Seminar Nasional Informatika Yogyakarta. Yogyakarta: Seminar Nasional Informatika 2010 .
Republic of Indonesia Government Regulation Number 43 of 2014 on Regulation of Implementation of Law Number 6 Year 2014 on Villages, Pub. L. No. 43 (2014). Indonesia.
Rokhman, A. (2011). Prospek dan Tantangan Penerapan E-Voting di Indonesia. Jakarta: Seminar Nasional Peran Negara dan Masyarakat dalam Pembangunan Demokrasi dan Masyarakat Madani di Indonesia.
Sundari, G. (2012). Upaya Penyelesaian Konflik Pemilihan Kepala Desa Di Desa Bumbung Kecamatan Mandau Oleh Pemerintah Kabupaten Bengkalis Tahun 2012. Universitas Riau Bina Widya.
Susanti, A. S. (2010). Konflik Pemilihan Kepala Desa di Desa Sugihwaras Kecamatan Saradan Kabupaten Madiun. Universitas Muhammadiyah Malang.
Copyright (c) 2018 Jurnal Bina Praja: Journal of Home Affairs Governance
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- The author submits the manuscript to the Jurnal Bina Praja: Journal of Home Affairs Governance and certifies that the work has not been published before and does not contain publication material that would violate any copyright or personal or proprietary right of any person or entity.
- The author hereby grants to Research and Development Agency-Ministry of Home Affairs (R&D-MoHA) of the Republic of Indonesia, an exclusive publishing and distribution license in the manuscript identified above and any tables, illustrations or other material submitted for publication as part of the manuscript in print, electronic and all other media, in any form, in all languages, throughout the world, for the full term of copyright, and the right to license others to do the same, effective when the Article is accepted for publication. This license includes the right to enforce the rights granted hereunder against third parties.
- As an author, you may do the following:
- make copies (print or electronic) of the article for personal use, including for classroom teaching use;
- make copies and distribute such copies (including through e-mail) of the article to research colleagues, for personal use by such colleagues (but not commercially or systematically, e.g. via an e-mail list or list server);
- present the article at a meeting or conference and to distribute copies of the article to the delegates attending such meeting;
- retain patent and trademark rights and rights to any process, procedure, or article of manufacture described in the article;
- include the article in full or in part in a thesis or dissertation (provided that this is not to be published commercially);
- use the article or any part thereof in a printed compilation of your works, such as collected writings or lecture notes (subsequent to publication of the article in the journal); and prepare other derivative works, to extend the article into book-length form, or to otherwise re-use portions or excerpts in other works, with full acknowledgement of its original publication in the journal;
- may reproduce or authorize others to reproduce the article, material extracted from the article, or derivative works for the author’s personal use or for company use, provided that the source and the copyright notice are indicated, the copies are not used in any way that implies R&D-MoHA endorsement of a product or service of any employer, and the copies themselves are not offered for sale.
Every accepted manuscript should be accompanied by Copyright Transfer Agreement prior to the article publication.