Improving the Function of the Supreme Court Research and Development Center
Implementation of QSPM and SWOT
Research and development center (here refers to as Puslitbang) of the Supreme Court has an important role in the development process of law and justice in Indonesia. Puslitbang must be able to support the Supreme Court’s vision to create a great judicial firm. However, activities of Puslitbang of the Supreme Court are still limited to the implementation of research and review of certain topics. Whereas, Puslitbang has so many assignments beside doing research and review, which is described in Chief of the Supreme Court Decree Number: 140/KMA, SK/X/2008 on Guidance for Management and Implementation of Research, Development, Education, and Training. The other assignment of Puslitbang include: feasibility of the policy plan and carry out activities in developing models/legal and judicial products. So, it can be said that Puslitbang has not performed its full functions as described in Chief of the Supreme Court Decree Number: 140/KMA, SK/X/2008. The purpose of this study is to determine the strategy to improve the functions of Puslitbang of Supreme Court. This paper used descriptive-quantitative research with Quantitative Strategic Planning Matrix (QSPM) method. The first step of this method is determining the internal and external factors affecting the management of Puslitbang and then analyzing them using SWOT and QSPM. The results show that the strategy that obtains the highest score is organizing discussion forums with external and internal institutions. On the other hand, the strategy which obtains the lowest score is the leader’s role in determining policy by considering the needs of Puslitbang. The conclusion of this research is the QSPM method provides 4 best strategies for enhancing the function of Puslitbang. The strategies are: creating a discussion forum with internal and external institutions, budget flexibility, developing Puslitbang Human Resources, and preparing activities in accordance with the capacity of puslitbang resources.
Balabonienė, I., & Večerskienė, G. (2015). The Aspects of Performance Measurement in Public Sector Organization. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 213, 314–320. http://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2015.11.544
David, F. R. (2011). Strategic Management Concepts and Cases (13th ed.). New Jersey: Prentice Hall.
David, M. E., David, F. R., & David, F. R. (2009). The Quantitative Strategic Planning Matrix (QSPM) Applied to a Retail Computer Store. The Coastal Business Journal, 8(1), 42–52.
Ghosiyan, A., Ebadi, M., & Shojazadeh, A. (2015). The Quantitative Strategic Planning Matrix (QSPM) Applied to Sport in West Azerbaijan Province. International Journal of Sport Studies, 5(1), 124–128.
Hatamilah, S. (2017). Application and Choosing Strategies Using SWOT Analysis and QSPM Matrix: A Case Study of Al-Mursalat Mobile Phones Complex. International Journal of Advanced Production and Industrial Engineering, 2(1), 32–40. Retrieved from http://ijapie.org/Impdocs/Vol2/IJAPIE-2017-01-116.pdf
Hermawati, W., Kusbiantono, Setiawan, S., & Surminah, I. (2013). Evolusi Manajemen Penelitian dan
Pengembangan: Tantangan bagi Sektor Pertanian dan Perkebunan Indonesia. Warta KIML, 11(1), 1–21. Retrieved from http://www.jurnal.lipi.go.id/publikasi.cgi?tampilpublikasi2&1095014210&Indonesia&vol=11&1393084604
Mahkamah Agung RI. (2010). Cetak Biru Pembaruan Peradilan 2010-2035. Jakarta: Mahkamah Agung RI.
Oja, H. (2016). Penerapan Manajemen Strategi dalam Mewujudkan Kinerja Organisasi Sektor Publik. Societas: Jurnal Ilmu Administrasi Dan Sosial, 5(1), 1–11. Retrieved from https://ejournal.unmus.ac.id/index.php/societas/article/view/549
Putera, P. B., Akil, H. A., Aminullah, E., Triyono, B., & Hidayat, D. (2013). Struktur Baru Organisasi Lembaga Penelitian dan Pengembangan Pemerintah di Indonesia: Sebuah Konsep dan Respon atas Kebijakan Penataan dan Penguatan Organisasi dalam Reformasi Birokrasi. Jurnal Borneo Administrator, 9(3), 265–283. Retrieved from http://samarinda.lan.go.id/jba/index.php/jba/article/view/123
Putri, C. C., & Nyoman, I. B. (2017). Pengaruh Desain dan Kualitas Produk terhadap Kepuasan Konsumen melalui Kepuasan Pembelian Laptop ASUS. Manajemen Dewantara, 1(1), 110–122. Retrieved from http://jurnal.ustjogja.ac.id/index.php/manajemendewantara/article/view/52
Putrikusuma, D. T., Hakim, A., & Noor, I. (2016). A Planning Strategy for Improving the Quality of Public Services by Analysis Strategy Formulation Framework (Studies in Puskesmas Purwodadi , Pasuruan). South East Asia Journal of Contemporary Business, Economics and Law, 11(2), 70–79. Retrieved from http://seajbel.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/BUS-213.pdf
Surminah, I. (2013). Pola Kerjasama Lembaga Litbang dengan Pengguna dalam Manajemen Litbang (Kasus Balai Penelitian Tanaman Pemanis dan Serat). Jurnal Bina Praja, 05(02), 101–112. http://doi.org/10.21787/JBP.05.2013.101-112
Taufiqurokhman. (2016). Mengenal Manajemen Strategik. Jakarta: FISIP Universitas Prof. Dr. Moestopo Beragama.
Viryawan, A., Astawan, M., & Kirbrandoko. (2016). PT Perusahaan Gas Negara (Persero) Tbk Strategic Development Facing Natural Gas Business Competition in Indonesia. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, 6(3), 66–71. Retrieved from http://www.ijsrp.org/research-paper-0316.php?rp=P515145
Copyright (c) 2018 Jurnal Bina Praja: Journal of Home Affairs Governance
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- The author submits the manuscript to the Jurnal Bina Praja: Journal of Home Affairs Governance and certifies that the work has not been published before and does not contain publication material that would violate any copyright or personal or proprietary right of any person or entity.
- The author hereby grants to Research and Development Agency-Ministry of Home Affairs (R&D-MoHA) of the Republic of Indonesia, an exclusive publishing and distribution license in the manuscript identified above and any tables, illustrations or other material submitted for publication as part of the manuscript in print, electronic and all other media, in any form, in all languages, throughout the world, for the full term of copyright, and the right to license others to do the same, effective when the Article is accepted for publication. This license includes the right to enforce the rights granted hereunder against third parties.
- As an author, you may do the following:
- make copies (print or electronic) of the article for personal use, including for classroom teaching use;
- make copies and distribute such copies (including through e-mail) of the article to research colleagues, for personal use by such colleagues (but not commercially or systematically, e.g. via an e-mail list or list server);
- present the article at a meeting or conference and to distribute copies of the article to the delegates attending such meeting;
- retain patent and trademark rights and rights to any process, procedure, or article of manufacture described in the article;
- include the article in full or in part in a thesis or dissertation (provided that this is not to be published commercially);
- use the article or any part thereof in a printed compilation of your works, such as collected writings or lecture notes (subsequent to publication of the article in the journal); and prepare other derivative works, to extend the article into book-length form, or to otherwise re-use portions or excerpts in other works, with full acknowledgement of its original publication in the journal;
- may reproduce or authorize others to reproduce the article, material extracted from the article, or derivative works for the author’s personal use or for company use, provided that the source and the copyright notice are indicated, the copies are not used in any way that implies R&D-MoHA endorsement of a product or service of any employer, and the copies themselves are not offered for sale.
Every accepted manuscript should be accompanied by Copyright Transfer Agreement prior to the article publication.